Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions.
I haven't received my confirmation of ESCRS membership yet.
Unlike UKISCRS, ESCRS only processes member applications in monthly batches, so there will be delay in getting your ESCRS membership details.
How can I access the articles from the latest issue of The Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery online?
To access the JCRS online, you must first register a log-in name and password OF YOUR CHOICE on the Elsevier website. You will also need your ESCRS membership number. Follow these step-by-step instructions provided by ESCRS.
- Go to www.jcrsjournal.org and click Register at top right.
- Fill in requested information, including a User Name and Password of your choice. Please remember these details for the future. When finished, click Register at bottom. YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS THE FIRST TIME YOU LOG IN. If you already have a username and password, simply Log in.
- You will be taken to a page thanking you for registering. Click Activate Online Access. Find the box titled My society membership includes this journal.
- Select European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons from the drop-down list. Enter your society membership number (your ESCRS password) and your family name. Click Claim Access.
- You should now enjoy full-text access to Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. Click on the available link to return to the journal’s homepage.
I have not received mailings or copies of the JCRS for some time.
It is important to keep your details up to date. Please don’t forget to inform UKISCRS if you change address or your email address. Please do not inform ESCRS directly. You need to inform UKISCRS and we will inform ESCRS on your behalf.
As a member of ESCRS do I get automatic membership of UKISCRS?
No. UKISCRS members get free membership of ESCRS, however, this is not reciprocated.