The European Registry of Quality Outcomes for Cataract & Refractive Surgery (acronym: EUREQUO) is a 3 year EU project which involves 12 European National Societies for Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Co-funded by the European Union under the Public Health Programme & ESCRS the project aims to improve treatment and standards of care for cataract and refractive surgery and to develop evidence-based guidelines for cataract and refractive surgeries across Europe.
The philosophy behind the project is that by measuring and collecting data, knowing your own results and comparing your own data over time and anonymously with others, you can identify what’s good and what needs to be better, making changes if and where needed. Evidence based guidelines can then be produced that identify ‘real’ surgical outcomes & risks for adverse outcomes which will make it easier to evaluate indications for surgery and timing of surgery.
The benefits of participation are:
• Access to a web-based system for collecting data and monitoring outcomes, with your updated data always available via internet
• You will always know your results
– For your own satisfaction
– For audit purposes
– For patients expectations (probable outcome is an important element of informed consent)
– For clinical improvement work
• Professional respect that involvement in the project will bring
• The support of your National Registry Manager for training, administration, networking, IT and communication pathways.
• Increased opportunities for your own marketing.
For more information on EUREQUO please click to visit: www.eurequo.org
For Technical Support please contact EyeNet Sweden
Susanne Albrecht: +46 455 735140
Eva Wendel: +46 455 735166