UKISCRS 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award Lecture
XLII Annual Congress, Jury's Inn Hinckley Island Hotel, UK
Thursday, 8 November 2018
Patrick I Condon, MCh, FRCS, FRCOphth,
"How Shakers and Movers I Had the Privilege to Know Shaped My 50 Years in Ophthalmology"
Following his interview with Arnold Sorsby, Professor of Ophthalmology at the Royal College of Surgeons, London in 1964, Patrick Condon did a 6 year residency program in ophthalmology at the Royal Eye Hospital, London which involved a rotation to the Croydon Eye Unit and Lambeth - St Thomas's Hospital group , where he finished up as a senior registrar to the Medical Ophthalmology Unit and involved in an animal research project to study corneal wound healing and suture materials with Prof. David Hill at the Research Department of Ophthalmology, Royal College of Surgeons, London. Continue reading...
UKISCRS Exists to promote:
- education and research in the field of cataract and refractive surgery and to advance and promote the study and practice of ophthalmology and research and the dissemination of the useful results thereof.
- experimental work in the field of cataract surgery, intraocular lens implementation and refractive surgery and the disseminiation of results thereof.
- further investigation and training in cataract and refractice surgery
UKISCRS 2018 RAYNER MEDAL LECTURE'IOLs --- for Better or Worse' XLII Annual Congress, Jury's Inn Hinckley Island Hotel, UK
Thursday, 8 November 2018 Professor David Spalton
Professor David Spalton, Emeritus Consultant St Thomas' Hospital and Professor of Ophthalmology, King's College, London has had a long standing interest in IOL design and cataract surgery and has done pioneering work on PCO prevention which was recognised when he gave the Ridley Lecture at the ESCRS in 2010. More recently his research has centred on the problems of pseudophakic accommodation. His book 'The Atlas of Clinical Ophthalmology' has twice won the prize for the best medical textbook of the year. Prof Spalton is Immediate Past President of ESCRS and has a long history with UKISCRS as a council member, the 2001 Choyce Medal Lecturer and in 2013 the Lifetime Achievement Award recipient. Outside work Prof. Spalton's interests are gardening, fly fishing and the Garrick Club. UKISCRS & Rayner IOLs are honoured to welcome Prof Spalton to give this unmissable lecture... Continue reading...
42nd Annual Congress
7th November, 2018
Join us for the 42nd Annual Congress of UKISCRS
The Lifetime Acheivement Award - Mr Patrick Condon
The Rayner Medal Lecture - Professor David Spalton
- Plenary Session with Larry Benjamin on 'Biometry'
- Full YOP programme Wednesday 7th November
- UKISOP 1-day programme Thursday 8th November
- Incredible social programme with fantastic entertainment
- 18.5 CPD points Weds am - Fri pm (1 point per hour)
42nd Annual Meeting Weds: Weds 7th - Friday 9th November
Jury's Inn, Hinckley Island Hotel